HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. – The Hastings Flea will be celebrating Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 8 with makeover giveaways, a Mother’s Day concert and unique gift offerings.
The event, scheduled for 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. in the Metro North Parking Lot at 131 Southside Ave., aims to provide a special day for moms.
Attendees will have the opportunity to enter a raffle for a makeover by Hastings merchant Giordano Beauty and a 60-minute facial by Luna Belle Spa & Skin Care.
The event also is to feature crafts for kids, including sand and spin art; face painting and children’s concerts.
The Flea's 40 local vendors, artisans and entrepreneurs also will be on hand to offer unique jewelry, furniture, vintage comics, records, soaps and other specialty items that can be difficult to find, organizers said.
The Pow! Burger food truck is scheduled to offer breakfast wraps, burgers, dogs, fries and free Parisian sweep crepes.
Some of the other scheduled activities include:
- 11 a.m. - Children's performer Jackie Freimor, a director at Over the Moon Music and More, is to perform an outdoor Music Together class for kids.
- 12 p.m. - Local high school singer/songwriter favorite Grace Patitucci is to perform pop hits and originals.
- 1 p.m. - Andrea Saposnik's talented music students are scheduled to perform.
- 2 p.m. - The band Intuition plays blues and rock favorites.
- 3 p.m. Solar Punch gets happy and conscious with eco-rock music.
For more information, visit the Hastings Flea online .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.