SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – The CORNucopia festival will take place at Philipsburg Manor in Sleepy Hollow from Aug. 30 to Sept. 1 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. each day.
The lower Hudson Valley’s only corn festival will feature corn-inspired dishes, hands-on activities, cooking demonstrations and live music.
Food selections available for purchase include fresh roasted corn, corn chili and corn salad as well as draft beers and root beers provided by Captain Lawrence Brewery. Blue Pig of Croton-on-Hudson will offer sweet-corn ice cream.
Activities include a corn-shucking contest and a barn dance. Visitors also can learn how to make a corn-husk doll and children can engage in kid-sized corn maze. The 18th Century manor house and grist mill will be open to all guests for tours.
The Tappan Cowboys will perform bluegrass and folk music throughout the day.
Tickets cost $16 for adults, $12 for seniors, $8 for children aged three to 17, and free for children under the age of three as well as for Historic Hudson Valley members. Tickets can be purchased online.
All proceeds will support the preservation of the Philipsburg Manor, a history museum run by the non-profit Historic Hudson Valley.
Philipsburg Manor is at 381 N. Broadway.
For more information about the museum, visit its website.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA
- 4 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 5 Sen. Stewart-Cousins Pushes Dobbs Ferry Permit Parking System Bill