DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- The Dobbs Ferry Recreation Department is offering classes and events for all ages this October and November.
They include the following:
- Free mah jong classes for adults at the community center at 1 p.m., Thursdays.
- Karate for Kids class from 9-10 a.m. starting Oct. 19 at Ryu-Renshi Dan Karate School. For kids 5 and older. $85 child/$65 per parent.
- Free youth drop-in for grades 3-6 will be from 3-6 p.m. starting Oct. 25 at the community center.
- A senior citizen Halloween luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 30, at the community center. $3.
- The Great Pumpkin Party will be from 4-5 p.m. Oct. 30 at the community center for grades pre-K through 4.
- A Halloween trick-or-treat event from 4-6 p.m. Oct. 31 on Cedar and Main streets. The streets will be closed for trick-or-treating.
- Halloween picture-painting contest. Pick up supplies between 10 a.m. and noon Oct. 19 at the community center. Residents and families of all ages may participate in various categories. Pictures must be returned by Oct. 25 for judging. All pictures will be displayed along windows on Cedar and Main streets for Halloween. $5 per entry.
- Adult volleyball will be from 8-10 p.m., Wednesdays, starting Nov. 6 at the middle school gym. $25 residents/$35 non-residents.
- Adult basketball will be from 8-10 p.m., Thursdays, starting Nov. 7 at the high school gym. $35 residents/$45 non-residents.
- A Veterans Day breakfast celebration from 10:30 a.m. to noon Nov. 11 at the community center. $5 per person; veterans eat free. Must pre-register. No walks-ins allowed. Call 914-693-7792 to register.
For more information on any of these classes or programs, call 914-693-0024.