DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- The historic 145 Palisade building in the center of Dobbs Ferry will be the topic of a lecture and discussion Thursday, April 10, hosted by Curious-on-Hudson.
The talk will be presented by the Dobbs Ferry Historical Society and will involve some members of the community who had a connection to the building in its prior life as a research laboratory for Columbia University (Hudson Labs).
This unique building is home to a multitude of businesses and individual artists and was once a brewery, a Methodist publishing company and a physics research lab operated under the auspices of Columbia University.
This event is the result of the fact that many newcomers to the area who bring their children to the building for classes or take part in the building's activities for themselves were intrigued by its unusual architecture and its magnificent location directly on the Hudson River.
The purpose of the talk is to share this history with the community, tenants and all those who have an interest in local history. The event is free.
For more information log onto the website curiousonhudson.com/class-details.php?id=224
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed