RIVERTOWNS, N.Y. -- You don't have to wait until Friday, Oct. 31 to celebrate Halloween.
The Rivertowns have lots of fall fun events throughout October for the whole family, including haunted houses, pumpkin fairs, trick-or-treating and more.
Here's what's happening in your neighborhood this Halloween:
Friday Night Dead
- Where: Chemka Ghoul (a.ka. the Chemka Pool parking lot) Hillside Avenue at Valley Place
- http://www.hastingsrecreation.org : Friday, Oct. 24 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
This horrifying event has something for both younger children (from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p. m.) to the older kids and adults (8 p.m. to 9 p.m.), including a haunted house, live music, food and activities.
Downtown Window Painting
- Where: Downtown Hastings-on-Hudson, Warburton Avenue and Main Street
- When: Sunday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Help Hastings spook up their storefronts. Pre-registration is required for the event. The cost is $5 for a single entry, $7 for a team or $10 per family. Paint can be picked up between 9:45 a.m. and noon.
Click here to register.
Hastings-on-Hudson Halloween Parade
- Where: James Harmon Community Center, 44 Main St.
- When: Sunday, Oct. 19 from at 2 p.m.
Put on your Halloween’s best and parade through town in celebration of the haunted holiday.
Hastings Downtown Trick-or-Treating
- Where: Hastings Downtown: Main Street, Warburton, Spring Street and Maple Avenue
- When: Sunday, Oct. 19 after the parade
Children can trick or treat at local businesses in Hastings, who have balloons tied to their storefront, immediately following the Halloween parade. Official Halloween trick or treating bags will be distributed after the parade.
Dobbs Ferry Trick or Treating
- Where: Cedar and Main streets
- When: Friday, Oct. 31 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Cedar and Main Streets will be closed so children can trick-or-treat at local businesses
Dobbs Ferry Woman’s Club Haunted House
- Where: Dobbs Ferry Woman’s Club, 54 Clinton Ave.
- When: Friday, Oct. 31 from 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Did you know that the Dobbs Ferry Woman’s Club is believe to be haunted by at least six ghosts? Find out for yourself at the Dobbs Ferry Woman’s Club annual haunted mansion event. Watch ghost stories acted out, enjoy the children’s game room and some refreshments. Admission is $4 per person, proceeds will benefit the club’s philanthropic fund that aids local charities.
Dobbs Ferry PTSA Pumpkin Fair
- Where: Springhurst Elementary School, Walgrove Avenue
- When: Saturday, Oct. 25 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Join your neighbors for this Halloween festival where families can decorate pumpkins, listen to live music, ride a horse drawn wagon, jump on bouncy castles, enter a pie contest, and enjoy baked goods, food, carnivals games and more.
Halloween Craft Time at the Ardsley Public Library
- Where: Ardsley Public Library, 9 American Legion Dr. in Ardsley
- When: Saturday, Oct. 25 at 2 p.m.
Children will decorate their trick or treat bags and get ready for the Ardsley Raggamuffin Parade and Community Center celebration.
Ardsley Ragamuffin Parade
- Where: American Legion Drive, near the Ardsley Public Library Parking lot at 9 Legion Dr.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 25 at 2:45 p.m.
Watch colorful costumes parade through the village then make your way over to the Ardsley Community Center at 18 Center St. to enjoy a costume contest, bobbing for apples and more.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.