HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Rivertowns residents will gather for a Martin Luther King Day celebration breakfast Monday at the James Harmon Community Center in the village beginning at 10 a.m.
Following the breakfast, the organizers will honor local artist Madge Scott. Attorney Arthur Matthews, who has roots in the civil rights movement, will be the guest speaker. The gathering will then view President Barak Obama's Second Inaugural Address, which is scheduled to begin at noon.
Scott is an artist and storyteller and member of the Rivertowns Arts Council. Her work was recently published by the Hastings Historical Society (Images of America). Scott has been a judge for the local NAACP Act-SO competition for the last three years. She teaches drawing at the Guiding Hands Studio in Dobbs Ferry.
Those who wish to attend can register in advance for $12 with an email to email@example.com, or pay $15 at the door.
- 1 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director