DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- Mercy College will be hosting its 15th annual International Film Festival at the Lecture Hall on the Dobbs Ferry campus from Tuesday, April 8 through Friday, April 11.
The festival, presented by the School of Liberal Arts, will feature four award-winning films from around the world. Each film will be introduced by expert guest speakers followed by stimulating discussion. The program starts at 6:30 p.m each night. The event is free and open to the public.
This year's theme, "Exchange Value," features films from France, Italy, Spain and China that explore the many definitions of value and worth in intercultural and interpersonal interactions.
Tuesday, April 8:
"Farewell, A Cold War Spy Thriller" that is based on actual events.
Wednesday, April 9:
"Shun-Li and the Poet," explores the tensions that result from a connection between an Italian man and an exploited Chinese immigrant.
Thursday, April 10:
Oscar-nominated animated film, "Chico & Rita," tells the story of two jazz musicians against the backdrops of Havana, New York City, Las Vegas, Hollywood and Paris in the 1940s and 1950s.
Friday, April 11:
The Festival concludes with "Empire of Silver," a Chinese film that follows a wealthy banking clan and its fortunes during the economic and political turmoil of the Boxer Rebellion in the 1890s.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rivertowns, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Rivertowns
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Rivertowns; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer