DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- Five lawyers from the eastern European nation of Kosovo met with U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel on Friday at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry.
The meeting is part of a special educational tour of the U.S. Mercy College's Center for Global Engagement has been hosting the lawyers as part of the Open World Leadership Program. Open World is an international professional exchange program that brings small delegations of emerging leaders to the U.S. to learn about U.S. government and society.
The visit began with an orientation in Washington, D.C., followed by a professional development program at Mercy College. Programs addressed the themes of federalism and representative government, as well as rule of law, health, environment, economic development, education reform and social services, representatives said in a release.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Dobbs Ferry, Hastings Men Collaborate On New Film
- 3 Rivertowns' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Greenburgh Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 5 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death