DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- Five lawyers from the eastern European nation of Kosovo met with U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel on Friday at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry.
The meeting is part of a special educational tour of the U.S. Mercy College's Center for Global Engagement has been hosting the lawyers as part of the Open World Leadership Program. Open World is an international professional exchange program that brings small delegations of emerging leaders to the U.S. to learn about U.S. government and society.
The visit began with an orientation in Washington, D.C., followed by a professional development program at Mercy College. Programs addressed the themes of federalism and representative government, as well as rule of law, health, environment, economic development, education reform and social services, representatives said in a release.
- 1 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 2 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 3 Ardsley Police Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies