RIVERTOWNS, N.Y. -- The Rivertown Parents will hold a seminar called "Paying for College Without Going Broke" at the Dobbs Ferry High School Auditorium on Tuesday, Dec. 3 at 7:30 p.m.
Financial Aid expert Kal Chany will cover the following topics:
- Why you should plan ahead (even if college is tomorrow)
- Best way to save (429 Plans, good or bad)
- Asset management strategies (fund that IRA)
- Money-saving options (is the ticket price what you pay)
- Financial aid eligibility (don't count yourself out)
- Merit scholarships (how to find ones that are real)
- The student and parent loan maze
The seminar is free and open to all parents. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dobbs Ferry High School is located at 505 Broadway.