WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Nature Center across Westchester County have set a variety of events for Saturday, Jan. 11 and Sunday, Jan. 12.
Events, times, and venues are listed below:
Saturday, Jan. 11:
- Saw Mill River Audubon Project Feeder Watch will begin at 8 a.m. at the Croton Point Nature Center. This event will teach you how to identify birds and keep count of winter birds at the feeder. For more information please visit sawmillaudubon.org
- A cross country ski tour will be held on Lenoir Preserdley Street in Yonkers at 10 a.m. Bring your own equipment. Weather permitting. It will also take place on Jan. 18 and Jan. 25.
- A hike to learn to identify trees and weeds at the preserve will be occurring at 1 p.m.
- The Saw Mill River Audubon Second Annual Soup Social will be held at the Croton Point Nature Center from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. For more information please visit sawmillaudubon.org
- Cranberry Lake Preserve on Old Orchard Street in North White Plains is bringing in the New Year with a hike around the preserve at 1 p.m.
- A volunteer work project, inspecting crabapple island, will be held at the Marshlands Conservancy on Route 1 in Rye from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m. Bring work gloves. Hand tools will be provided.
- How to Grow Mushrooms on Paper Waste will take place at Trailside Nature Museum at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Cross River at 2 p.m. There is a $5.00 fee and pre-registration is required.
Sunday Jan. 12:
- Forests in Winter will begin at 2 p.m. at the Marshlands Conservancy on Route 1 (Boston Post Road) in Rye. Bring binoculars to experience the beauty of the birds, trees and other animals during winter.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In Saw Mill Parkway Accident In Dobbs Ferry
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Killed In Dobbs Ferry
- 5 IRS Warns Rivertowns Residents Of Phone Scam