HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Folk singer-songwriter John Gorka, who opened the music series at Hastings' Purple Crayon two years ago, makes a return appearance on June 28.
Gorka, who Rolling Stones magazine called “the preeminent male singer-songwriter of the New Folk Movement." has recorded 14 albums and toured Italy, Belgium, Scotland, Ireland, Holland, Switzerland and Germany over the last four decades.
“We don’t often repeat acts, but his show was such a treat we couldn’t wait to have him back,” Purple Crayon Curator Adel Hinawi said. "As The New York Times puts it, 'Listening to John Gorka sing, one can get goose bumps all over. There are many reasons: fresh lyrics, a stunning emotional baritone, and his twisted humor'.”
Musicians Mary Chapin Carpenter, Nanci Griffith, Mary Black and Maura O’Connell have recorded Gorka's songs and he has shared tours with Griffith and Carpenter.
Information and tickets are available at the Purple Crayon website.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Voters Approve Dobbs Ferry Schools $16M Capital Project
- 3 Yonkers Schools Take Action After Child Is Diagnosed With Enterovirus
- 4 Slow-Moving Storm Will Bring Heavy Rain To Rivertowns
- 5 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester