HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - The American Legion post in Hastings-on-Hudson has put out a call to U.S. military veterans who may want to become members in an effort to save the local chapter.
Commander Jose Rodriguez of Admiral Farragut Post 1195, with an assist from the Hastings Department of Recreation in recruiting new members, is welcoming all those who wish to join the post, which is on Farragut Avenue.
"The American Legion is in need of new members and funding," said Bryan Healy, Hastings Recreation Department assistant. "The Legion has been notified by the national legion that if the membership is not increased, (Hastings Post) is going to be forced to merge ir close."
Those who served during a wartime era, and are not a member of the American Legion, are being asked to join what has become the world's largest and most Influential veterans service organization.
If you are not eligible to join, but would still like to help out, the American Legion is accepting donations.
For information on joining the American Legion, contact Healy or Lisa O'Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 478-2380.
Make checks payable to Admiral Farragut Post 1195 and mail to: Recreation Dept., 7 Maple Ave., Hastings-on-Hudson, N.Y. 10706.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Rivertowns