WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Holiday pie is good any way you slice it.
Sweeten the day with to-go options that are as good as Grandma used to make -- and quite probably better. Just order early (as is now); Thanksgiving will be here before you know it.
- Baked By Susan (63 Grand St, Croton-On-Hudson, 914-862-0874): E xpect the usual favorites: apple, pumpkin, pecan, sweet potato praline and cranberry apple. Order by Sunday, Nov. 20.
- Bradley's Desserts (2 Chatsworth Ave, Larchmont, (914-833-1095) : Pumpkin, apple crumb, pecan, and mixed berry with apple are part of the Thanksgiving repertoire. Order by Monday, Nov. 21.
- By The Way (574 Warburton Ave., Hastings, 914-478-0555) : Here's one way to please your gluten-free guests. Pies from BTW, as it is known, are so good, no one will be the wiser; even those not gluten-free cannot taste the difference. Options include Autumn vanilla cake, classic chocolate layer, spiced carrot , ginger pumpkin tart, apple tart and others (go online for full menu). The deadline for ordering is Sunday Nov.. 20, but customers are encouraged to order ASAP.
- City Limits Diner (200 Central Ave., White Plains, 914-686-9000) : The deadline has passed for ordering pies but the bakery will be open Wednesday, Nov. 23 and there will be pies available: think pumpkin, apple crisp, flourless chocolate cake and Wild Turkey bourbon.
- Homestyle Desserts Inc. (24 S Water St, Peekskill, 914-737-2902) : Choose from apple, cherry, peach, pumpkin, blueberry, coconut custard or their special seasonal offering of butternut squash pie. Order by Monday, Nov. 21.
- Galloway's Country Kitchen (69 Harney Rd, Scarsdale, 914-725-4074): There's a system to getting a holiday pie at Galloway's. No orders are taken; just pop by Wednesday, Nov.23 and get a pie, already packaged and ready to go. Among the offerings: pumpkin, apple, apple crumb, pecan, banana cream, chocolate cream and mince. The bakery will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Kneaded Bread (181 N Main St, Port Chester, 914- 937-9489) : Order pies asap; options include apple with walnut crust, pumpkin, and chocolate pecan.
- Martine's Fine Bake Shoppe (10 Fisher Ave., Tuckahoe, 914-346-8650; 48 East Pkwy, Scarsdale, 914-722-4949) :Spicy pear & quince, three berry pie, banana nutella, peach foster cream, peanut butter and chocolate and, of course, pumpkin and apple are part of the pie list here. Order by Sunday, Nov. 20.
- Red Barn Bakery (4 S Astor St., Irvington, 914- 231-7779) : Organic, local, seasonal and gluten-free define the baked goods at Red Barn where you'll find apple salted caramel crumb, pumpkin chiffon, double chocolate fudge, and chocolate Texas pecan pie among the featured fall offerings. There are also vegan options. Order by Monday, Nov. 21. The bakery will also be open for last minute goodies on Thanksgiving from 7. a.m. to noon.
- Riviera Bakehouse (660 Saw Mill River Rd, Ardsley,914-674-0000): Sweet potato pecan, pumpkin, blueberry lattice, apple crumb, cranberry apple and more are on the Thanksgiving menu at this popular bakery. Order by Sunday, Nov. 20. The bakery will also be open on T-Day from 7 a.m. to noon.
- Susan Lawrence Gourmet Foods (926 N Greeley Ave, Chappaqua, 914-238-8833): End your feast with a perfect pie from this gourmet shop where you'll find pumpkin, peach raspberry lattice, maple leaf pecan, apple caramel crumb and chocolate cream with chocolate turkey decorations among the choices. Order by Tuesday, Nov. 22 though there will also be pies in the case.
Have another place you like? Tell us about it on our Facebook page.