HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- A 34-year-old Westchester mom is fighting the fight of her life and to help, many area businesses are pitching in to help.
It was two years ago that Hastings mompreneur, Christina Torpie , was treated for breast cancer. Unfortunately, the disease has progressed, spreading to her liver, lungs, and lymph nodes.
The vivacious mom of a 4-year-old and a passionate photographer known throughout the county, is faced with skyrocketing financial challenges as she and her husband pursue an integrative treatment center in Chicago where she has started her medical care.
"While receiving treatments, Torpie needs to focus on getting healthy, not the financial burden that this disease will have on her and her family," said Noel D’Allacco, founder of Operation Prom and a longtime friend.
Out of pocket costs, deductibles, prescriptions, and transportation costs are adding up quickly for the Yonkers native. To help defray costs, several local businesses will be donating a portion of their sales to Torpie's medical care on Saturday, Dec. 17 and Sunday, Dec. 18.
Check out the following, keeping in mind the discounts apply only on the 17th and l8th.
- Tequilla Sunrise, 145 Larchmont Avenue, Larchmont, will donate 20 percent of all purchases.
- PopShop Style , 32 Cedar Street, Dobbs Ferry, will donate 10 percent of all purchases.
- The Beauty Parlor , 100 Main St, Dobbs Ferry, will donate 10 percent of all hair care product purchases.
- Penny Lick Ice Cream, 580 Warburton Ave, Hastings-on-Hudson, will donate a portion of proceeds from Torpie's favorite ice cream flavor, Honey Graham.
- Sophia’s Things , 2 Depot Place, Scarsdale, will donate 10 percent of all purchases.
- Operation PROM , 524 North Avenue, New Rochelle, will donate 50 percent of all purchases on Dec. 17 only.
- JSkyDyes, visit: www.etsy.com/shop/jskydyes
- Yoga Haven in Scarsdale is hosting a Yoga & Healing sound meditation on Sunday, Dec. 18 at 2 p.m. with all funds going directly to Torpie. Details HERE .
For more information, contact D’Allacco at 914-803-2445 or visit the GoFundMe page that was setup for Torpie at https://www.gofundme.com/christinas-cancer-cure-fund .
You can learn more about Christina Torpie Photography at www.ChristinaTorpie.com .