WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- With the anticipated snowstorm expected to arrive Thursday morning, White Plains Hospital's Dr. Erik Larsen provides tips to stay safe in snow and ice.
Some of Larsen's tips include:
- Be careful. There could be ice under the snow.
- Use a smaller shovel so you are not as easily able to overstrain muscles while shoveling.
- Be especially careful with the big piles of snow left by plows by the side of the road. That snow is much denser and harder to shovel and it is easy for people to overexert themselves when shoveling that type of heavy, icy snow.
In addition to these tips, Larsen also gives more advice here.
Visit to learn more.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News