HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Hastings resident and U.S. Marine Cpl. Jonathan Harris attended Monday night's Commander-in-Chief Inaugural Ball to celebrate President Barak Obama's second inauguration.
"I was blessed and honored to receive a ticket to the Commander-in-Chief's ball," Harris said Tuesday. "This is the first time they have ever opened it up to most enlisted individuals. I thoroughly enjoyed going to this, seeing the celebrities who were there; Brad Paisley, Alicia Keys, Jamie Foxx, Jenifer Hudson and Marc Anthony."
Harris, who graduated Hastings High School in 2007 before joining the Marines in 2009, is stationed at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia. He has been stationed in Okinawa, Japan and had stops in Thailand, Philippines, Korea, Guam, Hawaii and Australia during a two-year tour of duty in the South Pacific.
The 2013 Commander in Chief’s Ball was one of the two official inauguration balls hosted by President Obama. Unlike the Inaugural Ball, which was open to the public, the Commander in Chief’s Ball is an invitation-only event for military families. Attendees included active duty and reserve service members, Medal of Honor recipients, wounded warriors and troops from overseas participating via video.
- 1 Hastings Man Charged With Kidnapping
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Snow Could Return To Rivertowns For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show