HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Hastings resident and U.S. Marine Cpl. Jonathan Harris attended Monday night's Commander-in-Chief Inaugural Ball to celebrate President Barak Obama's second inauguration.
"I was blessed and honored to receive a ticket to the Commander-in-Chief's ball," Harris said Tuesday. "This is the first time they have ever opened it up to most enlisted individuals. I thoroughly enjoyed going to this, seeing the celebrities who were there; Brad Paisley, Alicia Keys, Jamie Foxx, Jenifer Hudson and Marc Anthony."
Harris, who graduated Hastings High School in 2007 before joining the Marines in 2009, is stationed at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia. He has been stationed in Okinawa, Japan and had stops in Thailand, Philippines, Korea, Guam, Hawaii and Australia during a two-year tour of duty in the South Pacific.
The 2013 Commander in Chief’s Ball was one of the two official inauguration balls hosted by President Obama. Unlike the Inaugural Ball, which was open to the public, the Commander in Chief’s Ball is an invitation-only event for military families. Attendees included active duty and reserve service members, Medal of Honor recipients, wounded warriors and troops from overseas participating via video.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Dobbs Ferry, Hastings Men Collaborate On New Film
- 3 Rivertowns' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death
- 5 Woman Charged In Hartsdale Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime