RIVERTOWNS, N.Y. – Hundreds of people turned out Saturday as the villages of Dobbs Ferry and Ardsley celebrated the holiday season with the lighting of Christmas trees.
Carolers from the Hudson Valley Singers visited local businesses in Dobbs Ferry and Santa Claus met children before village officials switched on the Christmas tree at the corner of Cedar and Main streets at 5 p.m. Residents then met at the Dobbs Ferry Fire House for refreshments.
Residents met at the Ardsley Fire House as Santa Claus met children and led a procession to Legion Park in Ardsley Square for the lighting of the tree. Mayor Peter Porcino led the countdown as villagers looked on. Villagers then met at the Community Center for refreshments and a concert by the Ardsley High School Select Chorus.
- 1 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Rivertowns
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film