RIVERTOWNS, N.Y. – Hundreds of people turned out Saturday as the villages of Dobbs Ferry and Ardsley celebrated the holiday season with the lighting of Christmas trees.
Carolers from the Hudson Valley Singers visited local businesses in Dobbs Ferry and Santa Claus met children before village officials switched on the Christmas tree at the corner of Cedar and Main streets at 5 p.m. Residents then met at the Dobbs Ferry Fire House for refreshments.
Residents met at the Ardsley Fire House as Santa Claus met children and led a procession to Legion Park in Ardsley Square for the lighting of the tree. Mayor Peter Porcino led the countdown as villagers looked on. Villagers then met at the Community Center for refreshments and a concert by the Ardsley High School Select Chorus.
- 1 Yonkers Police Locate Woman In Possible Abduction
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge