TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Rich Friedman, DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown's general manager, received the General Manager of the Year Award from the New York State Hospitality & Tourism Association.
Friedman, who has been general manager of the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown since it re-opened in 2008 following a major renovation, was recognized at the association’s 21st Annual Stars of the Industry Gala & Awards Banquet on March 3.
The Outstanding General Manager of the Year award honors a hotelier "who has demonstrated superior professionalism and taken a leadership role in the industry by actively participating in association, community or industry programs," representatives said.
“Every year, the state’s hospitality industry nominates its most outstanding employees,” said NYSH&TA President Jan Marie Chesterton. ”After reviewing all of the nominations submitted, the judges agreed that Rich Friedman was the best of the best. All the winners at this year’s awards are stars in every sense of the word and shining examples of what New York State hospitality is all about.”
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Rivertowns
- 3 Rivertowns Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film
- 5 Explosion Blows Out Windows In Hartsdale Bagel Shop