GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Three public libraries in the 92nd Assembly District were awarded construction and renovation grants by the New York State Library.
Assemblyman Tom Abinanti, D-Greenburgh/Mount Pleasant, announced that Ardsley, Hastings-on-Hudson and Mount Pleasant libraries received grants supported by a $14 million capital fund adoption in the state budget for 2013.
“I am pleased that the Ardsley, Hastings and Mount Pleasant libraries were recognized and selected to receive these much-needed grants,” said Abinanti. “Local libraries are critical to our communities, and I will continue to be an advocate for more state investments to the library system.”
The Ardsley Public Library will receive $17,469 for the installation of a whole-building generator and an upgrade to the HVAC system by replacing 30-year-old heating and air conditioning units.
The Hastings-on-Hudson Public Library will receive $59,969 for the expansion of a community room.
The Mount Pleasant Public Library will receive $64,969 for the replacement of the main air handler, heating pumps and sump pumps, in addition to the installation of an air vent in the elevator mechanical room.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Sen. Stewart-Cousins Pushes Dobbs Ferry Permit Parking System Bill
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA