ARDSLEY, N.Y. -- The Village of Ardsley will return to its planned road paving schedule after pausing for the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashana.
According to Village Manager George Calvi, the already delayed summer road resurfacing project will begin Saturday and is expected to continue all through next week through Friday in time to avoid any conflicts with Yom Kippur, which begins at sundown on Sept. 13.
"The list of roads has been revised somewhat since the last meeting," Calvi said. "With the anticipated sidewalk work on Heatherdell Road, and the culvert construction on King Street,our DPW decided it would be best to defer any work on Ashford Avenue until next year. There were just too many projects that had the potential to wreak havoc with traffic and particularly school buses this autumn."
The final list of roads to be resurfaced is as follows:
• Bramble Brook Road from Route 9A south to the Village line
• Lakeview Avenue from Judson Avenue to Bramblebrook Road
• Hillside Place from Bramble Brook to its cul de sac
• Western Drive from Ashford Avenue to where it meets Eastern Drive;
• Farm Road from Heatherdell Road to the school district property;
• McKinley Place from Ashford Avenue to its dead end; and
• Mount View from Abington Avenue west to its cul de sac just beyond Wilmoth Avenue.
Those with questions about scheduling for specific dates of road resurfacing, are asked to Rick Thompson or Patrick Lindsay at the DPW at 914-693-0117.