WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- State Assemblyman Tom Abinanti, who represents Mount Pleasant, Ardsley and Hastings-On-Hudson, announced Thursday that the New York State Library had awarded construction grants to three public libraries in his 92nd Assembly District.
The grants, which are supported by a $14 million capital fund appropriation in the 2013 state budget for construction and renovation of public libraries and public library systems in New York State, are being awarded to the Ardsley, Hastings and Mount Pleasant public libraries.
“I am pleased that the Ardsley, Hastings and Mount Pleasant libraries were recognized and selected to receive these much-needed grants,” Abinanti said. “Local libraries are critical to our communities and I will continue to be an advocate for more state investments to the library system.”
The Ardsley Public Library will receive $17,469 for the acquisition and installation of a whole building generator and an upgrade to the HVAC system by replacing 30-year-old heating and air conditioning units.
The Hastings Public Library will receive $59,969 for the expansion of a community room to allow greater attendance for library and community based programs.
The Mount Pleasant Public Library will receive $64,969 for the replacement of the main air handler, heating pumps and sump pumps, and the installation of an air vent in the elevator mechanical room.
- 1 Hastings, Dobbs Ferry Rank Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Malls In Westchester