YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers resident and "Bronx Tale" star Lillo Brancato Jr., 37, has been released on parole after spending eight years in prison for attempted burglary, according to the N.Y. Daily News.
A police officer was killed after confronting Brancato and another man trying to steal prescription drugs from a Bronx apartment in December 2005, according to the report.
Brancato was shot twice by the officer while trying to flee, the report said. The man with Brancato fired the fatal shots, but the actor was also accused of felony murder, according to the report.
- 1 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Rivertowns
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News