YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers resident and "Bronx Tale" star Lillo Brancato Jr., 37, has been released on parole after spending eight years in prison for attempted burglary, according to the N.Y. Daily News.
A police officer was killed after confronting Brancato and another man trying to steal prescription drugs from a Bronx apartment in December 2005, according to the report.
Brancato was shot twice by the officer while trying to flee, the report said. The man with Brancato fired the fatal shots, but the actor was also accused of felony murder, according to the report.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Rivertowns
- 3 New Hastings Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Schumer Calls For Repairs To Ashford Avenue Bridge
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester