KATONAH, N.Y. -- Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts will be hosting the opening celebration for its sound art In The Garden of Sonic Delights exhibition this Saturday, June 7 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Information on the artists and their artwork can be found at www.caramoor.org/house-gardens/in-the-garden-of-sonic-delights/
Caramoor provides a sneak peak at the exhibition including Eli Kesler’s Catenary piano wires strung through the trees, Francisco López’s self-playing piano and Theremin for The Music Room, Trimpin building his Pianohouse, Scott Smallwood’s Coronium 3500 (Lucie’s Halo) sensors, and Laurie Anderson’s We Fall Like Light fountain manipulated by sound waves.
Openings for each of the five partners will be held separately at their respective locations. The schedule by location is below.
Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art (HVCCA) (Sunday, June 8 at 5 p.m.), Jacob Burns Film Center (Monday, June 9 at 4 p.m.), Lyndhurst (Sunday, June 8), Neuberger Museum of Art of Purchase College, SUNY (Friday,June 20) and Stone Barns Center for Food & Agriculture (Saturday, June 7).
For more information on Caramoor's In The Garden Of Sonic Delights event, click here.
Visit caramoor.org to learn more.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Rivertowns, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Rivertowns; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Rivertowns
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer