WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Chappaqua's Hillary Clinton was quick with a quip after dodging a shoe that a woman threw at her shortly after she started delivering a speech in Las Vegas on Thursday night.
"What was that, a bat?" asked Clinton, who was unharmed in the incident.
"Thank goodness she didn't play softball like I did," Clinton was then quoted as saying.
Clinton was in Las Vegas to speak to members of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries.
The woman who threw the shoe, described by the Las Vegas Sun as having long blonde hair, is now in Federal custody.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 State Police Warn Rivertowns Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Rivertowns Overnight
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute