HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. – Peter Schellhorn, a 21-year-old Dobbs Ferry resident, was killed when he jumped or fell from the Warburton Avenue bridge in Hastings Thursday morning at about 10:30 a.m. authorities said.
Police received several calls requesting an ambulance but when they responded, he was pronounced dead at the scene by Greenburgh paramedics. Schellhorn's death has not been ruled a suicide as of this time. The autopsy will take place Friday before any cause of death is announced.
Schellhorn was found down in the Zinsser Commuter Parking lot near Cropsey Lane, which is directly under the overpass of the Warburton Avenue Bridge.
His body was removed by the Westchester Couny Medical Examiner. The Hastings Detective Division will continue the investigation.
This is the second time this year that a person has jumped or fallen from the Warburton Avenue Bridge. In January an 18-year-old woman was found badly injured underneath the bridge shortly before 3 a.m. and was in critical condition.
Check back with The Daily Hastings for further information as it becomes available.
- 1 Man ID'd In Swimming Pool Death In Dobbs Ferry
- 2 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run