HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. – Peter Schellhorn, a 21-year-old Dobbs Ferry resident, was killed when he jumped or fell from the Warburton Avenue bridge in Hastings Thursday morning at about 10:30 a.m. authorities said.
Police received several calls requesting an ambulance but when they responded, he was pronounced dead at the scene by Greenburgh paramedics. Schellhorn's death has not been ruled a suicide as of this time. The autopsy will take place Friday before any cause of death is announced.
Schellhorn was found down in the Zinsser Commuter Parking lot near Cropsey Lane, which is directly under the overpass of the Warburton Avenue Bridge.
His body was removed by the Westchester Couny Medical Examiner. The Hastings Detective Division will continue the investigation.
This is the second time this year that a person has jumped or fallen from the Warburton Avenue Bridge. In January an 18-year-old woman was found badly injured underneath the bridge shortly before 3 a.m. and was in critical condition.
Check back with The Daily Hastings for further information as it becomes available.
- 1 Rivertowns Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Rivertowns
- 3 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film
- 4 Several Accidents Reported On Slick Westchester Roadways
- 5 Explosion Blows Out Windows In Hartsdale Bagel Shop