WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Voters Approve Dobbs Ferry Schools $16M Capital Project
- 2 Yonkers Schools Take Action After Child Is Diagnosed With Enterovirus
- 3 Slow-Moving Storm Will Bring Heavy Rain To Rivertowns
- 4 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester
- 5 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate