HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The Hastings Recreation Department is hosting a fifth- and sixth-grade lacrosse team in the Hudson Valley Lacrosse League.
This program is designed to introduce girls to the sport so no prior experience is needed.
The registration fee is $125 for new players and $100 for returning players who have a uniform. Players must provide their own stick, goggles and mouth guard.
Registration will begin Tuesday, Jan. 21. All registration is in-person only at the James Harmon Community Center during normal business hours: Monday-Wednesday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Thursday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to noon.
All players must separately register here for a Youth U.S. Lacrosse number. The fee for membership is $25.
Weekly evening practices start March 3. Starting April 1, practices will be held twice per week. Field availability and conditions will dictate exact practice day and times.
The tentative game schedule is as follows:
April 24: Away vs. Eastchester at 6:30 p.m.
May 3: Away vs. Briarcliff at 2 p.m.
May 5: Away vs. Scarsdale at 6:30 p.m.
May 17: Home vs. DOC at 1 p.m.
May 22: Home vs. Scarsdale at 6:30 p.m.
May 31: Home vs. Briarcliff at 4 p.m.
June 7 or 8: Tournament
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Rivertowns
- 3 New Hastings Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Schumer Calls For Repairs To Ashford Avenue Bridge
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester