GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Greenburgh's top student speller Harshita Shet placed 47th overall after Thursday's Round 4 of the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C.
Shet, a fourth-grader at the Bailey School, reached the Round 4 qualifier out of a field of 281 finalists by spelling "eugenics" in Round 3 on Wednesday.
The Round 4 competition included a set of computer spelling and vocabulary tests that qualified 46 youngsters for the ESPN Television on-air competition that continues with Semifinal Rounds 5 and 6 and the Finals through Thursday on ESPN2.
Sponsored by the Theodore D. Young Community Center in her effort to compete among youngsters up to age 14. Shet can compete for four more years if she wishes to enter the contest again.
- 1 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Rivertowns
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 Greenburgh School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts In Film