GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Greenburgh's top student speller Harshita Shet placed 47th overall after Thursday's Round 4 of the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C.
Shet, a fourth-grader at the Bailey School, reached the Round 4 qualifier out of a field of 281 finalists by spelling "eugenics" in Round 3 on Wednesday.
The Round 4 competition included a set of computer spelling and vocabulary tests that qualified 46 youngsters for the ESPN Television on-air competition that continues with Semifinal Rounds 5 and 6 and the Finals through Thursday on ESPN2.
Sponsored by the Theodore D. Young Community Center in her effort to compete among youngsters up to age 14. Shet can compete for four more years if she wishes to enter the contest again.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 4 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 5 Westchester Man Is Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC