HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. ‒ The Parks & Recreation Department is especially busy right now as it collects toys for Staten Island children and gets ready to light Hastings' Christmas tree.
The lighting ceremony, slated for 6 p.m. Dec. 7 at the VFW building, will include holiday songs by the Hudson Valley Singers, with music by Robert Linder, followed by hot chocolate and cookies at the James Harmon Community Center. The evening is sponsored by the Parks & Recreation Department, James Daley VFW Post and the Fire Department.
This year's toy drive, which began Nov. 26 and runs through Dec. 19, will benefit Staten Island victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Donors are asked to drop off new, unwrapped toys at the James Harmon Community Center, 44 Main St., between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursdays and 9 a.m. to noon Fridays
Lynx Transport Co. (478-PETE) of Hastings is pitching in by donating their trucks to deliver the toys to the children.
For more information on the toy drive, contact Lisa O’Reilly at 478-2380, ext. 642, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Hastings, Dobbs Ferry Rank Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 National Weather Service: Rivertowns' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 5 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester