HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. ‒ Motorists can receive auto insurance discounts and have points removed from their record by taking a defensive driving course offered by the Hastings Recreation Department.
The course will be available to both residents and non-residents on March 2 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the James Harmon Community Center.
Those who complete the course will have four points automatically removed from the total on their driving record. Drivers listed as the principal operator on an auto insurance policy will receive a 10 percent discount on collision and liability for a three years. To qualify, drivers must present the course completion certificate to their insurance broker.
The cost of the course is $40 for Hastings residents and $45 for non-residents. There is a limit of 40 persons for the class.
Those interested can print out a registration form online or register at the James Harmon Community Center office, 44 Main St. For more information, contact Bryan Healy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-478-2380, ext. 600.
The Recreation Department also announced that effective Wednesday, Jan. 1, Visa will be accepted for online activity registration. This is in addition to American Express, Discover and MasterCard.
The service fee for using a credit card either in-person at the office or for online registration is $3, or 2.45 percent of the transaction, whichever is more. The service fee is charged by the service provider.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 2 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Killed In Dobbs Ferry
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Village Manager George Calvi Prepares To Say Goodbye To Ardsley
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations