HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - The Village of Hastings-on-Hudson will host a Hurricane Sandy post-mortem Saturday at the James Harmon Community Center from 10 a.m. to noon to discuss preparedness, ongoing repairs and other issues
According to Mayor Peter Swiderski, the session will have two parts: the first will involve a recap on the village's reaction to the storm, followed by short presentations by the fire department and others on what citizens should do to be better prepared for the "next one."
The informal discussion will include a presentation on what residents should look for in home insurance policies to make sure of adequate coverage, and ongoing repairs to utility poles and other damage.
"We will look to the residents to provide ideas on what we individually and collectively can do to develop resiliency in the face of future storms and other emergency events," Swiderski said in his invitation to the community.
Coffee and doughnuts will be served.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Voters Approve Dobbs Ferry Schools $16M Capital Project
- 3 Yonkers Schools Take Action After Child Is Diagnosed With Enterovirus
- 4 Slow-Moving Storm Will Bring Heavy Rain To Rivertowns
- 5 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester