PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Metropolitan Transit Authority Police are investigating the death of a man who was struck by train in Peekskill early this morning.
According to MTA spokeswoman Marjorie Anders at 3:42 a.m. a Hispanic man in his mid-30s was struck by a 1:50 a.m. Hudson Line train traveling local from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie.
The body was removed at 5:26 a.m. A rescue train from the Croton Harmon Station picked up the 25 customers, who were on the move at 4:27 a.m., according to Anders.
Anders said the man was a trespasser. According to Anders, the man was walking north along the tracks and was hit from behind. Anders said the man did not have any identification on him.
- 1 Woman Found Dead In Greenburgh Home ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA