TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - A multiple-vehicle accident on the northbound lanes of the Tappan Zee Bridge closed traffic in both directions Tuesday night, according to reports by New York State Police.
Motorists can expect major delays in the area of the Tappan Zee and are advised to use alternative routes.
The medical examiner has been requested to come to the scene of the accident.
A tractor-trailer and at least three cars were reportedly involved. People were also reportedly trapped in vehicles.
According to State Police, critical injuries have been reported northbound lanes remain closed in order to perform an accident reconstruction.
Southbound traffic remains open but is backed up.
Check back for updates.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Rivertowns On Wednesday
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Voters Approve Dobbs Ferry Schools $16M Capital Project
- 4 Robert E. Ritch, Sr., 76, Of Dobbs Ferry, Retired General Motors Employee
- 5 Yonkers Schools Take Action After Child Is Diagnosed With Enterovirus