TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - A multiple-vehicle accident on the northbound lanes of the Tappan Zee Bridge closed traffic in both directions Tuesday night, according to reports by New York State Police.
Motorists can expect major delays in the area of the Tappan Zee and are advised to use alternative routes.
The medical examiner has been requested to come to the scene of the accident.
A tractor-trailer and at least three cars were reportedly involved. People were also reportedly trapped in vehicles.
According to State Police, critical injuries have been reported northbound lanes remain closed in order to perform an accident reconstruction.
Southbound traffic remains open but is backed up.
Check back for updates.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Sen. Stewart-Cousins Pushes Dobbs Ferry Permit Parking System Bill
- 3 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You