WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Nearly 65,000 residents in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties now have health insurance via the New York state insurance exchange, according to LoHud.com.
Most of those who enrolled opted for private plans through the marketplace, which is in contrast to the statewide numbers that have 55 percent of the enrolled population under a Medicaid plan, LoHud.com reported.
More than 960,000 residents signed up statewide, and 80 percent were not previously insured, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 2 Music, Food, Games, Events Featured At Dobbs Ferry Festa Street Fair
- 3 Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet Replaces Greenburgh Loehmann's
- 4 Superintendent: Sedan That Approached Student Had 'No Ill Intent'
- 5 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis