WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Nearly 65,000 residents in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties now have health insurance via the New York state insurance exchange, according to LoHud.com.
Most of those who enrolled opted for private plans through the marketplace, which is in contrast to the statewide numbers that have 55 percent of the enrolled population under a Medicaid plan, LoHud.com reported.
More than 960,000 residents signed up statewide, and 80 percent were not previously insured, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 D. Thomas Fine Miniatures Shop Opens In Hastings
- 4 SoHo East, Dobbs Ferry Pop Up Store Offers Home Goods, Jewelry
- 5 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills