WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- WalletHub, the personal finance social media network, recently ranked New York as the 10th safest state to live in.
WalletHub compared each of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia in 26 different metrics. The data is broken down into categories that include workplace safety, emergency preparedness, home and community stability, traffic safety and financial security.
The Empire State ranked in the Top 10 in two categories: home and community safety (third) and financial safety (ninth). New York also finished in the top half in driving safety (13th), but ranked dead last in natural disasters (51st).
Massachusetts,ranked No. 1 overall, just ahead of New Hampshire. Neighbors Connecticut and New Jersey ranked ninth and 13th, respectively.
Nevada was ranked last in overall safety, coming in 51st.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 3 Rose M. Tisi, 87, Of Dobbs Ferry
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 5 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yonkers Yard