HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Village workers joined residents and business owners early Saturday morning as the Rivertowns began shoveling and plowing snow left by a winter blizzard.
Early birds out shoveling the heavy snow reported anywhere from 8 to 12 inches left on sidewalks and vehicles in Hastings-on-Hudson, while Department of Public Works staff had many main roads already cleared.
"It was heavy and wet snow in some places," said Juan Gonzalez, who was clearing sidewalks near Grace Episcopal Church on Main St. "Maybe like a foot high. But we have a lot of work done already."
- 1 Hastings Man Charged With Kidnapping
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Snow Could Return To Rivertowns For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show