HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Village workers joined residents and business owners early Saturday morning as the Rivertowns began shoveling and plowing snow left by a winter blizzard.
Early birds out shoveling the heavy snow reported anywhere from 8 to 12 inches left on sidewalks and vehicles in Hastings-on-Hudson, while Department of Public Works staff had many main roads already cleared.
"It was heavy and wet snow in some places," said Juan Gonzalez, who was clearing sidewalks near Grace Episcopal Church on Main St. "Maybe like a foot high. But we have a lot of work done already."
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Village Manager George Calvi Prepares To Say Goodbye To Ardsley
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Snow Likely In Rivertowns On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers