HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Village workers joined residents and business owners early Saturday morning as the Rivertowns began shoveling and plowing snow left by a winter blizzard.
Early birds out shoveling the heavy snow reported anywhere from 8 to 12 inches left on sidewalks and vehicles in Hastings-on-Hudson, while Department of Public Works staff had many main roads already cleared.
"It was heavy and wet snow in some places," said Juan Gonzalez, who was clearing sidewalks near Grace Episcopal Church on Main St. "Maybe like a foot high. But we have a lot of work done already."
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Sen. Stewart-Cousins Pushes Dobbs Ferry Permit Parking System Bill
- 3 Irvington Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You