HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Village workers joined residents and business owners early Saturday morning as the Rivertowns began shoveling and plowing snow left by a winter blizzard.
Early birds out shoveling the heavy snow reported anywhere from 8 to 12 inches left on sidewalks and vehicles in Hastings-on-Hudson, while Department of Public Works staff had many main roads already cleared.
"It was heavy and wet snow in some places," said Juan Gonzalez, who was clearing sidewalks near Grace Episcopal Church on Main St. "Maybe like a foot high. But we have a lot of work done already."
- 1 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Rivertowns
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News