IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- Voters in Irvington approved the School District's proposed $56 million school budget for the 2014-2015 year on Tuesday, May 20.
Trustee Phil Whitney was re-elected to the Board of Education with 841 votes.
The budget passed by a vote of 815-273 to increase the budget from the 2013-2015 budget of $54 million -- an increase of $2.2 million. This is the smallest increase in the last four years, according to the district.
The approved budget was 2.93 percent increase and remained under the state's 2 percent overall tax levy mandate. Property owners with an assessed value of $500,000 should expect to pay approximately $330 more in taxes.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Rose M. Tisi, 87, Of Dobbs Ferry
- 5 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Announces He's Going To Be