IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- Voters in Irvington approved the School District's proposed $56 million school budget for the 2014-2015 year on Tuesday, May 20.
Trustee Phil Whitney was re-elected to the Board of Education with 841 votes.
The budget passed by a vote of 815-273 to increase the budget from the 2013-2015 budget of $54 million -- an increase of $2.2 million. This is the smallest increase in the last four years, according to the district.
The approved budget was 2.93 percent increase and remained under the state's 2 percent overall tax levy mandate. Property owners with an assessed value of $500,000 should expect to pay approximately $330 more in taxes.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Rivertown Skies Sunday
- 2 Saw Mill River Parkway Reopens After Multi-Car Crash
- 3 Lowey, Day Point Fingers Over Petition Fraud
- 4 Man Who Allegedly Threatened His Former High School Arrested In Greenburgh
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Rivertowns, NOAA Predicts