WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. — High winds and heavy rain — and a little snow — should make for rough weather throughout parts of Westchester County's Rivertowns region Wednesday and Thursday.
High winds are expected, with gusts of up to 30 mph starting Wednesday afternoon and 46 mph Wednesday evening for much of the area, the National Weather Service says.
Rain, snow and sleet could begin around 1 p.m. Wednesday, with heavier rain and stronger winds coming Wednesday night.
The rain and wind should taper off through the morning and early afternoon Thursday, with gusts to 36, and a high temperature of 44. Friday should be sunny, with a high near 39, the Weather Service says.
The next chance of wintry weather comes Saturday into Sunday, the Weather Service says.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Rivertowns
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48