HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. - Slices Pizza of Hastings-on-Hudson will host its annual New York Blood Center Blood Center Drive on Saturday at the James Harmon Community Center on Main Street.
Slices owner Isaac Garson said the event has grown each year since its inception eight years ago.
"We started doing the drive at our pizzeria with the blood drive truck parked outside," Garson said. "It's grown each year, so we had to move to a larger place. We send out a notice to everyone on our mailing list and they really support us. We invite everyone to come and help out."
The Slices Blood Drive will run from 2:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Community Center, 44 Main St., Hastings.
For more information on giving blood, call the New York Blood Center at 1-800-933-BLOOD or log on the the Center's website.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Rivertowns
- 4 Hartsdale Woman, 46, Dies In Fall From George Washington Bridge
- 5 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20