YONKERS, N.Y. -- The northbound side of North Broadway is closed from Gateway to Odell Avenue this morning following a fire at St. John's Riverside Hospital, paired with inclement weather, police officials said.
According to officials, at approximately 9:19 a.m., numerous Yonkers Fire Department and Yonkers Police Department units responded to St. John's Hospital on a report of a fire.
A fire was discovered in the laundry room area of the building and was contained. However, the hospital is under a partial in-place evacuation inside of the hospital to areas that are unaffected by the fire, according to officials.
St. John's emergency room is open and operational. Vehicles will be allowed in to the hospital area one at a time and pedestrians will have access through walkways.
Officials said YPD units at scene will be assisting pedestrians and vehicles.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 5 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer