Updated 4:16 p.m.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Snow and ice are causing extreme driving conditions in many parts of Westchester County, with numerous spinouts and crashes causing backups.
Officials are urging motorists to exercise caution. The snow forced the closure of the northbound Taconic State Parkway between Route 132 and Peekskill Hollow Road in Putnam Valley, south of Pudding Street. It reopened at 3 p.m.
The storm system is expected to bring snowfall of 2 to 4 inches, according to the National Weather Service.
Tonight, temperatures will drop to a low of 24 with an 80 percent chance of new snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches.
According to Con Edison, the storm has yet to cause any significant power outages in the area. You can find out about your location by using their outage map.
Stay with The Daily Voice for additional storm updates, including power outages, traffic, and possible road closures.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In Saw Mill Parkway Accident In Dobbs Ferry
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 3 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Killed In Dobbs Ferry
- 4 IRS Warns Rivertowns Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident