ARDSLEY — Ardsley High School was evacuated Tuesday after the word "bomb" was discovered written in a boys' bathroom, according to Ardsley School District Superintendent Laura Allen.
More than 700 students left the school for more than 90 minutes while a Westchester County bomb squad arrived to investigate at 10 a.m. Nothing was found and a criminal investigation is underway to determine who wrote the alleged threat.
Allan notified parents through emailed alerts, including one sent at 11:06 a.m., when students were allowed back inside and classes resumed.
School officials believe the word was written Tuesday morning. The word "bomb" had been written in the school during the fall semester.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct