ARDSLEY — Ardsley High School was evacuated Tuesday after the word "bomb" was discovered written in a boys' bathroom, according to Ardsley School District Superintendent Laura Allen.
More than 700 students left the school for more than 90 minutes while a Westchester County bomb squad arrived to investigate at 10 a.m. Nothing was found and a criminal investigation is underway to determine who wrote the alleged threat.
Allan notified parents through emailed alerts, including one sent at 11:06 a.m., when students were allowed back inside and classes resumed.
School officials believe the word was written Tuesday morning. The word "bomb" had been written in the school during the fall semester.
- 1 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 2 Rivertowns Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 4 800 Attend 25th Annual Thanksgiving Dinner For The Homeless In Hastings
- 5 Accidents Abound Amid Rain, Slush, Snow In Westchester