TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Construction crews that are supposed to be working on the new Tappan Zee Bridge are hoping that warmer temperatures will help reduce the icy conditions in the Hudson River and allow them to get back to work, according to LoHud.com.
The sub freezing temperatures created conditions that has kept work suspended since Jan. 21, LoHud.com reported.
The U.S. Coast Guard has also approved additional moorings near the construction site so additional equipment will be available, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In Saw Mill Parkway Accident In Dobbs Ferry
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill River Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 3 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Killed In Dobbs Ferry
- 4 IRS Warns Rivertowns Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS