ARDSLEY, N.Y. — Fans waited anxiously, peered from storefront windows and slowed their vehicles in traffic in hopes of catching a glimpse of actors Leonardo Caprio and Jonah Hill or director Martin Scorsese during the filming of "The Wolf of Wall Street" in Ardsley Square in early September.
Indoor scenes were filmed at the former Westchester Garage, next to Star Bagels, and outdoor shots were filmed on Saw Mill River Road between Ashford Avenue and Center Street for 1980s sets that included vintage automobiles.
The inside of the old garage on Saw Mill River Road near the village green was filled with rows of desks, covered in papers, phones and office supplies, as people quickly unloaded boxes from several nearby cars.
Unfortunately for Leo Lovers, the screen idol and his Oscar Award-winning director Scorsese proved to be camera shy and alluded fans by ducking in and out of the garage. The outdoor scenes were also out of cellphone photo range.
For those who want to see Ardsley's cameo on screen, "Wolf of Wall Street" is expected to be in theaters late next year.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Rivertowns Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Rivertowns
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Rivertowns