- After the boom of a crane toppled across the old Tappan Zee Bridge span on Tuesday, Paul Feiner, the supervisor of Greenburgh, the town on the Westchester side of the bridge is expressing concerns about safety and calling for an investigation.
- A Westchester County Police officer and canine duo made a big bust on Thursday after stopping a Massachusetts man in possession of nearly four kilos of heroin on the Hutchinson River Parkway in New Rochelle.
- After the abrupt, unexpected resignation of Rye Superintendent of Schools Frank Alvarez on Tuesday, Rye City School District's Board of Education appointed an interim superintendent effective July 31.
- A White Plains man who owned two restaurant franchises at the city's Westchester Mall was charged with stealing more than $300,000 in state sales taxes, Acting Westchester County District Attorney James A. McCarty announced on Tuesday.
- A Yonkers man has been found guilty of multiple charges for his role in an armed robbery that nearly left a man dead on city streets last year.
- A Mount Vernon home health aide working in Bronxville is in hot water after she was accused of stealing more than $20,000 from her elderly victim.
- A 16-year-old counselor has been charged with assaulting a young female camper at a village of Mamaroneck summer recreation camp, police said Thursday.
- Three longtime friends recently opened a new group fitness studio in Port Chester.
A Scarsdale family is hitting the links to raise money and
awareness for childhood cancer after losing their 10-year-old son to a rare form of the disease earlier this year.
- Eastchester police are warning the community about an illicit drug being sold locally under the pseudonym “LOCO" following the overdose death of a 24-year-old man.
- Actress Priyanka Chopra was spotted filming ABC's "Quantico" just outside Main Street Sweets in Tarrytown.
- A car crashed into a building on Palmer Avenue on Wednesday, prompting a response by local volunteer firefighters, according to Village of Larchmont police.