ARDSLEY, N.Y. -- Ardsley Village Manager George Calvi asked residents for assistance in uncovering fire hydrants as village workers continued the ongoing snow removal during Thursday's storm.
"Our DPW crews have been working around the clock trying to keep the roads clear of snow and ice," Calvi said. "And at some point sidewalks on Ashford Avenue and Heatherdell Road will be addressed. On behalf of the DPW and the Fire Department, they could use some assistance with exhuming the more than 120 buried fire hydrants around the village."
Calvi asked for home owners and volunteers to uncover the hydrants.
"If you would uncover the hydrant nearest your home you would be performing a wonderful service for your community," Calvi said.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 D. Thomas Fine Miniatures Shop Opens In Hastings
- 4 SoHo East, Dobbs Ferry Pop Up Store Offers Home Goods, Jewelry
- 5 Silo Structures On Tappan Zee Bridge Collapse, Causing Spills