ARDSLEY, N.Y. -- Ardsley Village Manager George Calvi asked residents for assistance in uncovering fire hydrants as village workers continued the ongoing snow removal during Thursday's storm.
"Our DPW crews have been working around the clock trying to keep the roads clear of snow and ice," Calvi said. "And at some point sidewalks on Ashford Avenue and Heatherdell Road will be addressed. On behalf of the DPW and the Fire Department, they could use some assistance with exhuming the more than 120 buried fire hydrants around the village."
Calvi asked for home owners and volunteers to uncover the hydrants.
"If you would uncover the hydrant nearest your home you would be performing a wonderful service for your community," Calvi said.
- 1 Hastings HS Grad Marpet Selected In NFL Draft
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Crash Results In Saw Mill Closure
- 3 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 4 Greenburgh Police Officer Linked To Racist Comment, Report Says
- 5 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train