WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester Medical Center and Saint Francis Hospital and Health Centers announced an opportunity for the public to provide input into a new name for the Saint Francis campus in Poughkeepsie.
“As part of the transition to a secular organization, the Sisters of Saint Francis have requested that Westchester Medical Center not continue to use the name ‘Saint Francis,’” said Art Nizza, president and chief executive officer of Saint Francis Hospital and Health Centers.
“We recognize the contribution of the Sisters and are committed to working with them to honor their traditions and we respect the fact that the Saint Francis name must be changed,” said Michael Israel, Westchester Medical Center president and chief executive officer.
In a letter to the community, Israel and Nizza wrote that “WMC promised to work with the Saint Francis family and the community on the best new name for the campus.”
“We welcome your thoughtful input and creative ideas as we work together to decide on the best new name for the campus,” they added.
Visit www.ournext100years.com and click on the “Name our campus” button to submit suggestions. The new campus name will be unveiled in April.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Rivertowns
- 4 Hartsdale Woman, 46, Dies In Fall From George Washington Bridge
- 5 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20