NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Baltimore Ravens running back and New Rochelle native Ray Rice has been indicted on aggravated assault charges stemming from an incident in New Jersey in February when he allegedly hit his fiancee, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice initially faced simple assault charges, but they were changed the charges to the more serious aggravated assault after prosecutors took the case to a grand jury, according to the article.
Rice and his fiancee Janay Palmer allegedly struck each other in an altercation at a New Jersey casino. Palmer was reportedly knocked unconscious in the incident.
The state, not Palmer, pressed the charges against Rice, according to the article.
Rice's attorney said in the article that neither Rice nor Palmer wish to go forward with the prosecution and that the couple is in counseling.
Rice will reportedly not be taken into custody, despite the charges.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Dobbs Ferry, Hastings Men Collaborate On New Film
- 3 Rivertowns' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Tarrytown Man, 26, Pleads Guilty To Girlfriend’s Shooting Death
- 5 Greenburgh Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure