PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – A day of bicycling competitions, guided trail rides, raffles and more will celebrate mountain biking at the 19th Annual Fat Tire Festival at Blue Mountain Reservation in Peekskill on Sunday, June 8 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Throughout the day, local guides will lead trail expedition rides of varying levels. Visitors can also watch or compete in cycling games including races, a wheelie contest, and the Skinny Skills competition featuring a narrow, raised wooden obstacle course.
Food and drinks will also be available and a portion of the proceeds will benefit Friends of Westchester County Parks, Inc. Proceeds from raffle tickets will benefit the Westchester Friends of Parks and the Peekskill Ambulance Corp.
All riders are required to wear bicycle helmets during festival activities. Under New York state law, children under the age of 14 must wear helmets while riding.
The event is presented by Westchester County Parks and the Westchester Mountain Biking Association, a group dedicated to promoting mountain biking on trails in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
Admission to the festival is free. Parking is $5.
Registration begins at 10 a.m. For a schedule of events, click here.
Blue Mountain Reservation is at 435 Welcher Ave
For more information about the Fat Tire Festival, visit www.wmba.org
- 1 Former Dobbs Ferry Resident Mark Zuckerberg Says He's Going To Be A Dad
- 2 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 3 Ardsley Police Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient