WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Dr. Valiere Alcena, longtime member of the White Plains Hospital medical staff, was honored at a reception by the Einstein Chapter of the Student National Medical Association for his contributions to science and the profession of medicine.
Alcena joined the medical staff of White Plains Hospital in the late 1970's, when he founded and served as the medical director of what is now the Slater Neighborhood Health Fair, which provides valuable screenings and health information to hundreds of under-insured individuals in the White Plains community every spring.
A long-respected leader in internal medicine, hematology, oncology and community service, Alcena is the author of numerous books on racial and ethnic health disparities.
Visit wphospital.org to learn more.
- 1 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 2 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Rivertowns
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Greenburgh Police Investigating Gun Shots Fired Near Local Residence